If you are considering using “cloud technology” then you need to run not walk when moving forward. Without a doubt, the cloud is here to stay and is something every independent business owner needs to become part of if they plan to continue a profitable enterprise. If you engage in social networking such as Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn, or use an email system such as Gmail, you’re already in the cloud. But there’s so much more to cloud technology. It is one of the innovative technologies that actually favors the independents. It provides, when properly planned and implemented, a strong cost savings, a new customer service opportunity, daily business operations simplification and allows for you to be able to fully use technology in your business for maximum bottom line benefits.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN PLANNING CLOUD SERVICES.
• A guaranteed minimum standard of service from the cloud service provider
• A guaranteed level of service from your internet service provider
• A level of fault-tolerance that allows for you to continue your business if a cloud based system fails
• The ability for the owner to troubleshoot system problems from their operating location
• The ability to export and import their own data
A well-thought-out cloud based solution that provides a level of resilience can allow a business to save money and especially, allow an independent business to be able to “Think Big”. Bottom line, a cloud base system reduces hardware costs and capital expenditures, as well as increased security, resilience and uptime for operating systems. It allows for the use of tools that “big-businesses” IT Departments offer without the need of a costly and unnecessary full-time IT Director,
The cloud has truly made the use of technology a “Simply Sophisticated” opportunity